Maya Hu-Chan is an international management consultant, executive coach and author. She specializes in global leadership, executive coaching and cross-cultural business skills.
Maya is the founder and President of Global Leadership Associates, a management consulting firm based in San Diego, California.
Since Global Leadership Associates was founded in 1992 Maya and her associates have trained and coached thousands of leaders in Global Fortune 500 companies throughout North and South America, Asia, and Europe.
Maya herself has worked extensively in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Korea and Japan, helping global organizations to develop their leaders and their teams.
- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching (Master Coach)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Extended DISC
- InsideOut coaching model
- Cultural Orientations Indicators (COI)
- Cultural Navigator
Prior to her consulting career, Maya was an anchor for the China Broadcasting Company in Taiwan, and served as the CEO of a non-profit organization in San Diego, California. She has lectured at the Brookings Institution, University of California, San Diego (UCSD), University of Southern California (USC), Pennsylvania State University, and International MBA Program at University of Chicago.
Harvard Business School has chosen Maya’s book “Global Leadership: The Next Generation” to be one of their Working Knowledge recommended books. The book has been translated in multiple languages.
Maya is also a frequent contributor and interviewee to a wide range of business publications and media, including BusinessWeek, Harvard Business Online, Bloomberg, OD Practitioner, Leadership Excellence, Business Coaching Worldwide, SmartBrief on Leadership, Voice America’s Insight on Coaching, Asia Media and The Human Factor Magazine (India). She is also a regular conference speaker.Honors, Professional Affiliation & Community Involvement
- World Top 8 Global Solutions Thinkers by Thinkers50
- World Top 30 Global Leadership Gurus by Global Gurus
- Top 100 Thought Leaders by Leadership Excellence
- Top Leadership Guru from Asia by Leadership Guru International
- Nominated for “Woman of the Year” award by San Diego Magazine
- “Leading the Global Workforce Best Practice Award” by Linkage Inc.
- Founding Member, The Marshall Goldsmith Group
- Member, The Alexcel Group, The Institute of Executive Development, Human Capital
- Institute, Community Action Professionals
- Former Advisor of Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC); Board of Director of the Girl Scouts, San Diego-Imperial County; Commission of the Status for Women (City of San Diego); Workforce Development Council; and Asian Business Association of San Diego.