Ali Shami is Ed’s very special guest today. Ali is Founder and CEO at FTD Global, Retired Boeing Sr. Manager
This information is from Ali’s Linkdin profile:
Highly effective leader with a combination of technical and leadership attributes.
– Numerous awards from airline customers and team members
– Extensive experience in working with international customers and leading initiatives
– Boeing Field Service Representative in Luton, England during the summer of 2000 providing on-site assistance to easyJet, Monarch and Britannia airlines.
– Boeing Field Service Representative in Rome and Milan, Italy during the summer of 1997 providing on-site assistance to Alitalia, Air Europe Italy, and Lauda Air.
– Boeing Field Service Representative in Pusan, South Korea during the summer of 1996 providing on-site assistance to Korean Airlines.
– Among the top 100 Boeing managers who scored the highest on the 2009 employee survey results
– Received a cash award by the Option Management Team in Customer Engineering for displaying remarkable level of achievements and leadership attributes
– Recognized for team building and customer service skills
– Offered numerous cultural awareness seminars to Boeing organizations
– 2003 Diversity Excellence Award winner
– 2004 Global Diversity Change Agent Award
– Sponsor of a Customer Engineering Team -2010 Change Diversity Agent Award
– Chairperson of a Business Development Support Group Sales Team – 2011 Diversity Change Agent Award
Specialties: Public Speaking, Leadership Training, Technical Research Background, Dynamics Loads, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Customer Service, Operations, Customer Engineering, and Sales and Marketing.
-Produced the first audio material that introduces the Lebanese dialect which is spoken in the streets of Beirut. The Volume 1, 2, and 3 contained CDs and booklets and were sold in all continents.
“A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.”