Sandrine Bardot is Ed’s special guest. The information below is from her website, CompensationInsider.com.
My name is Sandrine Bardot, I am French and I lead my boutique International Compensation & Benefits training and consulting company, The Bardot Group, out of Dubai. Click here to read an overview of the unique products and services I provide.
Comp & Ben is my passion. And I have been incredibly lucky so far… because I was able to combine my job in C&B with my love of travel!
I got to work in London, Rome, Dubai, Turin, Paris, Abu Dhabi and Milan… As part of my job, I was supporting numerous countries at the same time, so I travelled extensively throughout the US, Europe and the Middle East and Africa. Talk about an exciting lifestyle!
With almost 20 years of HR experience, the vast majority of which in International Compensation & Benefits, I have covered all types of populations :
- the blue collars manufacturing tractors and excavators at CNH, a subsidiary of Fiat
- the project managers and real estate developers at MAF Properties
- the sales and marketing teams at Microsoft and Apple
- the network and telecom technicians at Sita
- the asset managers at MAFAM in Dubai and Mubadala in Abu Dhabi
- the engineers at EADS Space and Defense
- the logistics people at France Telecom
- from the trolley boys and cashiers to the Store Directors at Carrefour in the Middle East
- … all the way to Top Executives, dealing with Boards and Compensation Committees.
You name it, I very likely had exposure to it !
If you are interested, you can check my LinkedIn profile, where you can download some of my presentations and see recommendations of my work (remember to click on “View Full profile”).
I maintain my curiosity for Compensation & Benefits, read books, have subscribed to many blogs on C&B and HR, listen to podcasts and attend webinars or watch replays – most of these are provided by US-based organisations and are often scheduled at 8pm or later UAE time…. Talk about commitment !
When I am not working or blogging, I love to read, travel and go out with my friends. I am deeply interested in all things related to urban development, architecture and sociology, which is great because living in the GCC gives me a chance to be exposed to brand new thinking on how cities develop, magnificent examples of contemporary architecture, and a melting-pot of nationalities and cultures unrivalled anywhere in the world.
I am grateful for the opportunities that have come to me, and hope to share some of my experiences with you through this blog.