CHASE ESKELSEN M.Ed.
Chief of Staff at Verano Learning Partners
My dad gave me this book as a gift during my undergrad studies and I decided after reading it that I wanted to be a change agent. The world is changing by quantum leaps and bounds each and every day. Those who don’t stay ahead of the curve will be missing out on all of the excitement of life’s great adventures.
With that said, here is what makes me ME:
1. I do my best work early in the morning before anyone gets to the office. There is nothing better than a quiet office, a warm cup of coffee, and a problem to be solved.
2. I thrive on finding solutions that improve the fiscal, safety, efficiency, and accuracy of every day tasks. I know we are supposed to say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” but if we can do it faster, cheaper, and safer… why not?
3. I love to find a trend in the data, determine what is causing it, and then create an action item based on the information collected. (I published a post titled, “These Spreadsheets Were Made for Walking.” Check it out above.)
4. I do NOT know everything and I am OK with that. My goal is not to be the smartest guy in the room, but instead to surround myself with the brightest team so that we all look better. If you don’t know the answer, know where to find it.
5.The most valuable lessons I’ve learned have not been in the classroom, but instead in uncomfortable situations. Like traveling to foreign lands where the locals do things differently than I do them back home. That doesn’t make me right and them wrong (or vise versa). Different is just that, different. I want to learn from these opportunities and be better because of them.
6. I do not believe we should ever stop learning. That is why I decided to start graduate school after being in a career, getting married, and having two kids. Sure, it will help my career, but it will also make me a better husband and father.
7. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.