Attorney Angelo A. Paparelli blogs on America’s dysfunctional immigration system and tries to offer constructive solutions that will enable the U.S. to maintain and enhance its economic prosperity, political freedoms and cultural and religious heritage as a Nation of Immigrants. He is solely responsible for the contents of www.NationOfImmigrators.com.
The grandson of Italian immigrants, Angelo is recognized by his peers and the public as a scholar and leader in immigration law and a passionate advocate for the rights of immigrants, U.S. citizens, and organizations petitioning for immigration benefits.
He is regularly listed as a leading lawyer for immigration law in annual evaluations by Chambers USA, Legal500, and Best Lawyers in America, and has been named in three annual peer- and client-based appraisals as Corporate Immigration Lawyer of the Year by The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers.
Angelo is founder and past President of the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers, a worldwide alliance of leading immigration firms, and a lawyer practicing in Southern California, the District of Columbia and New York.
The 2010 recipient of Edith Lowenstein Award conferred by the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He is an expert witness/consultant on immigration to law firms, businesses and individuals.
Corporate Immigration Services
- Global and U.S. mobility program management
- Immigration-related counsel in corporate mergers, acquisitions and restructurings
- Immigration compliance audits
- I-9 and E-Verify representation and counsel (federal and state)
- Defense of employers in government investigations and enforcement actions
- Immigration-related corporation policy formulation
- Legislative and administrative advocacy
- Immigration-related PR, media relations, crisis communications, intranet content development, speech-writing and messaging
- Work visas and Green Cards for investors, entrepreneurs, professionals, executives, managers, scientists, scholars, artists, athletes, students and visitors
- PERM labor certifications and employment-based immigrant visa petitions
- Green Card and H-1B portability
- Family-based immigration through marriage or family relationship
- Retention or surrender of permanent residence
- Acquisition, retention or surrender of citizenship
- Coordination of immigration strategies with client advisors in tax and estate-planning matters
Complex Immigration Advocacy & Consulting
- Adjustment of status despite excusable status violations
- Immigration-related expert witness and consulting services
- Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (Founder and Past President)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Immigration Committee (Member)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Past Board Member)
- American Immigration Council (Alumnae – Board of Trustees)
- Wayne State University Law School/Juris Doctor/1976
- University of Michigan/Pre-Legal Studies/1971
- Bar of the District of Columbia: October 5, 2020
- State Bar of New York: July 20, 2005
- State Bar of California: May 19, 1981
- State Bar of Michigan: November 10, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court: April 21, 1980